Monday, October 17, 2011

Go Cougs! and other fun happenings

These are the weekends why I love fall! Gorgeous weather, leaves are turning, just enough crispness in the air to make you crave a pumpking spice latte. We got to spend some time with my family celebrating my dad's birthday, RONAN WENT TO HIS FIRST COUGAR GAME and  we went to Greenbluff. Seriously, this is the stuff dreams are made of. My dreams at least :)

We got last minute tickets to the Homecoming Game against Stanford. We weren't looking for a good game, just a good experience. Luckily we got both. The first half was actually pretty exciting as the Coug defense hung in there. Second half was a bit of a different story, but oh well. It was time for us to pack up our exhausted child and hit the road. Ronan was the cutest little Coug fan around ;) He LOVED the atmosphere, the marching band and all the people. And thank goodness for the little Cougar flags they gave each person. These were a lifesaver for Ro, perfect for waving, pointing, chewing on and poking people with.





Sunday morning we met up with family for an awesome, huge breakfast at Frank's Diner and then headed up to Greenbluff to pick up some pumpkins and apples. I love the madness of Greenbluff at this time of year. It's crazy and fun, but you can still find peaceful places to enjoy the moment and the amazing scenery.


This reminded me of another picture. We took the one below the day before Ronan was due (which turned out to be 10 days before he was actually born!). It is totally accidental that we have the same backdrop in both photos, we weren't even on the same side of the pumpkin patch. I kind of love it :)




Ronan was semi-interested in the pumpkins, but far more interested in the dirt clods. He kept giving them too me (he likes to give me trash he finds on the floor. fine by me, better in my hand than in his mouth!) Although you can see that theory didn't quite work out.





dirty, dirty buns



Ronan was into the miniature pony's. He loves making the horsey sound - I can't explain it, you'll know what I mean when you watch the video :)





Absolute perfection.

1 comment:

www.treasuresovertherainbow.blogspot.com said...

These photos made me happy:) love seeing your family enjoying one another:)