Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Waiting and Playing

My delivery and recovery was so textbook even one of our nurses called us "independent."  I hope that was a good thing. By the next morning after Aislinn's birth, we were missing home and Ronan and were ready to get on our way. That's not to say that our care at Sacred Heart was anything short of great-both of our experiences have been very positive and the staff have been wonderful! But still, we were ready to move on. We waited, thinking we had everything ready to go. Aislinn had passed all of her tests. But still, we couldn't be discharged. We found out that I was actually the hold up. There was a little confusion in who was supposed to discharge me so we were there a few extra hours.  While we were waiting, I had fun taking some photos of Aislinn while she slept peacefully.  The doctor came in to discharge me while I was kneeling down trying to get a good angle. Needless to say, I think he could tell I felt ok. :)  I'm glad I had the chance to snap a few shots when she was just one day old. I know I'll love being able to look back at them and remember how much our life changed during that hospital stay.





No doubt about it - she's a blondie!
  
  
baby feet are so sweet



1 comment:

Katie Anderson said...

Nikki! These are beautiful!