Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Maybe not so much spring cleaning as winter cleaning. I have been working through a gigantic to-do list around the house. I've been slowly working through each room since the 2nd week of January. I'm a little behind (whatever "behind" means") but still working through it with some momentum. This weekend we cleaned out our closets and dresser. We even downsized to a smaller dresser! I love it, so much more floor space in our little room.

I learned a few things while cleaning out my stuff:
1. Judging by my wardrobe, my life has changed drastically in the last couple years. Of course, it doesn't take my wardrobe to know that, duh. But comparing my every-day wardrobe from 3 years ago to today's wardrobe was pretty crazy. I used to wear some really cute clothes! I briefly wished I could get dressed up every day again (I suppose I could anyway...) but I quickly remembered how I would sit at my desk, kick off my shoes, take off the bracelets and stuffy jacket and dream of the day I got to stay home and snuggle babies in my comfies and slippers. :)
2. I may or may not have a boot obsession. I had no idea. High heel, low heel, leather, suede, sweater, black, brown, camel, blue, pointy-toed, round-toed, square-toed...Good thing I wear boots 3/4 of the year. ;) Yes, I got rid of some!
3. It's TIME I get back to my pre-baby weight! Seriously. Maybe even the pre-pre-baby weight (my goal: summer of 2009!). Some of my old favs are calling me. 'Nuff said.

Since you probably care more about my cuties than my closets, here are a few of my little helpers.

going for the coveted Bobbin (blankie)

Missing Daddy






Our hangers became sailboats :)

No comments: