Sunday, February 2, 2014

Our Week | 1.27-2.2.2014

I felt like we came out of hibernation a little bit this week. It was nice while it lasted, there was even some sunshine involved (finally!). But since 3/4 of my family is now fighting a stomach bug (me being the lucky one for now), I think we'll be going back into hibernation this week. Someone in our household has been sick almost every week since we moved. Sheesh, I'm so ready for spring.
Aislinn discovered her tea set last week and we have enjoyed many tea parties since. :) It was a baby shower gift, but since it's porcelain we tucked away until she was old enough to enjoy it without breaking it. 20 months is still a little young, but so far so good. It's the first girly activity she has been into and it's pretty much the sweetest thing ever. How can you deny "Mama, cup. Mama, sit here. Mama, a nice (you're nice)"? So sweet.




Ro is always up for a good tea party, sometimes bringing along a lego man or Dusty Crophopper for a little tea as well. (And will someone please give this kid a hair cut?!)


We were all so happy for fresh snow, especially on daddy's day off! Getting the kids and myself geared up while 6 months pregnant is not my idea of fun, so I was extra glad to have Patrick around.


Waiting semi-patiently for some post-sledding hot chocolate.





I may or may not have stayed inside to wrap up some paint prep projects. First project in the new house! But don't get too excited, I'm going all white. And yes, it's already white, but so gross and old and dingy. Fresh paint will be so nice and with the lack of sunshine and daylight we get in this house, I can't stand to part with any reflectance. Bright white will be great!


We are big Seahawks fans around here, so this has been a very exciting year. Ro got a jersey from his aunties for his birthday and would wear it every day if I let him. He even cried about wearing a coat to church because he wanted to make sure that everyone could see his jersey. My favorite quote of his from this week is "I got owies on my feet, but I'm a tough guy like Russell Wilson." Not really sure where that one came from, but ok. :)


Ais regularly asks to wear her hawks jersey ("hawk duhsee") too. Until this week, we faked it with a Cougar jersey, but we were handed down a real hawks jersey (there are benefits to being the small one!). And #24, how appropriate. Beast mode! She is a beast, nothing can stand in her way if she really wants it. We learned all about her fighting spirit while she was in the hospital and it still shines through every day. ;)





26 weeks and feeling pretty good. Patrick got me this jersey for Christmas and I love it, but I am SO glad I don't have to wear it again until next year. It's a one-person jersey, not 1 1/2. 





my new most favorite picture
Wrestling daddy is a daily activity. :)






A HUGE win for the Seahawks today and all of their fans!!! Superbowl Champions! Woohoo! A fantastic game to watch as a fan, but it would have been much more enjoyable had I not been looking after puking people. :/  Oh well. Cheers!



2 comments:

Allie Beth said...

Adorable, Nikki!!! I love your Seahawks swag!!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I miss you my dear friend!! I'll cut Ro's hair if you want!! ;) He's cute no matter what! I'd love to see the new Casa de Reed!! Love you always! Kali