Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Girls Weekend!


 My mom, grandma, aunts, cousin and her friend hit the road for a girls weekend. No boys allowed! Including Ronan. Eeek. Actually, he would have been allowed, but Patrick was all for a little father/son time and didn't hesitate for a second when I asked him about keeping Ronan.  I sure missed my guys! They had a great weekend together and I enjoyed a very nice break :)  A super thank you to our great friends Marissa and Toby who helped Patrick out for a few hours when he had a couple of school deadlines and a very clingy baby. Thank you!

We met up in Missoula (ok, this is actually a very cool place and I want to go back with Patrick this summer) and did what girls do best: lots of shopping eating and talking :)  I am thankful to have my family nearby and for the chance to spend so much quality time together. And that we actually enjoy eachother! I know not everyone can say the same and I think it is important to recognize the blessing that family is.

The healthiest thing I ate all weekend



A little blurry but I love this one
 Missoula had great outdoor markets and fun little stores. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of things that inspired me.

I want to make these! So cute

I'm really not sure what these are, but they are cool

Burlap is so hot right now. Wrapped votives with a stamp-love it


Plenty of sugar was consumed on this trip. Especially Hot Tomales. We are a Hot Tomales family :)

Gorgeous dress made of phone book paper. Best use of an obsolete item I've seen in a long time!



The hotel we stayed in, The C'mon Inn, was fantastic. What it is lacking with its questionable name is made up for with the 3-story vaulted atrium, complete with a pool and 5 hot tubs. Our rooms opened right onto the patio so we had our own patio furniture and essentially our own hot tub. Perfect for soaking those shopping-tired feet :)




Ladies, I'm looking forward to the next trip! Lookout Disneyland!

No comments: