Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Picnic at Manito

Patrick has been unexpectedly busy with classes this summer quarter, but with that wrapping up next week we started a list of things we want to do this summer.  My side of the list reads like: lake time, farmers market, trip to Coeur d'Alene, camping...you get the picture. Patrick's list: work on basement, clean out garage, wash cars (done!)... I like to think we balance each other out :)  To be fair, Patrick wants to do the fun things too and I know the other stuff needs to be done. That's why we made a list; to be sure we get a little of both types done.

All that to say that I had an idea last night that would kill four birds with one stone. Sweet. I wanted to take some "9 month" photos of Ronan, so we packed up for a picnic at Manito, took some photos (coming soon), walked the dog while we wandered the gardens and topped it off with ice cream from The Scoop. Perfection.


Ready to crawl. He's got the rock down

Wrestling with dad is his new favorite game



Yum

and yum

Ronan has tried many new foods lately. Pretty much likes everything. Fish, egg, yogurt, cheerios, graham crackers. But the most recent favorites are apparently string cheese and peaches. He devours them. He attacked this peach with gusto and finished the whole piece. All those new teeth have come in handy :)




I think they're both looking at the dog. With the same exact expression.


So beautiful

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I miss it there! I so wish we lived closer and Amity and Ronan could hang. They would be two peas in a pod. Not to mention I wish I could hang with YOU! : )

Nikki said...

I wish you lived here too! I've been thinking that a lot lately! Please tell me you're coming to Spokane for a wedding or something this summer... :)