Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

The days leading up to Easter were quite hectic with trying to prepare our family to move to Kennewick for a month. One month...six months...one year...it seemed like it would take the same amount of planning and packing.  Probably not, but it felt that way. :)  My brain was not functioning at full capacity. Not just because of Baby Girl/pregnancy brain but probably just from feeling overloaded.  I felt it was unfortunate to be so crazy and distracted leading up to Easter because I really want to give this holiday the reverence and attention it deserves. But actually, I'm thankful because amidst the packing and list-making the Holy Spirit was there, reminding me of Christ's life, his death and sacrifice for me. Just little snippets of thought here and there, but I'm thankful for the reminder and perspective. 

With all those thoughts in mind, I was all for making a late night drive to Kennewick Saturday just so that we could get there, get semi-settled and have a relaxing and celebratory Easter Sunday with Patrick's parents. It was the right choice. :)  Being at church, singing, celebrating, feasting with family, watching Ronan hunt for Easter eggs.  Being planted in one place, taking a deep breath and thanking the Lord for sending His Son to die for my sins, rejoicing that He was raised from the dead so that I might have a relationship with Him. Sunday was a great day.

I loved watching Ronan hunt for eggs. After we put the first one in his basket, he totally understood what it was all about and was off on a mission. It was fun to see it "click" in his mind.  And if I think that's great, I cannot wait for the joy of watching him understand what Easter is really all about. I pray that day will come early in his life and that most of his days will be spent bringing glory to God. That will be awesome!

pure joy



kohly got in on the action


checking out his loot


running with papa

our best attempt at a family photo. someone wanted to keep running with papa


30 weeks and counting!

oh and I made that super cute onesie-vest combo from a tutorial found here. It was a fast job and if I had had time, I would have fixed a couple of things. Oh well!

No comments: