Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our first week in Kennewick has already come and gone. We've settled in and are enjoying our time so far. While it is difficult to temporarily live anywhere other than our own home, there are some seriously great benefits.

1. Time with Nana and Papa. We are all lucky to have this time with them, but Ronan is absolutely thrilled to see them each day. He adores them, and frankly I think he gets bored with me. And to be honest, with Patrick being so busy and me feeling so pregnant (ie.tired), I am grateful for the extra hands of help and for the love and attention they pour on him. I am making a public promise to myself to get more photos of Ronan and his grandparents...these moments are priceless.

2.  Sunshine. Spring has sprung and most days have been lovely. We have spent a lot of hours outside. Ronan loves exploring the backyard.  You would think all of the running around and fresh air would wear this kid down, but he seems to be solar-powered. He's not getting his normal amount of sleep!

a favorite new past time: walking along the bricks

trying to entice the dog to play



Can you not just hear the awesome sound effects of the last two photos? He's all boy. I love it. And what on earth is he thinking in this picture below?!? Looks like trouble



kohly, kohly, kohly. he tears up his bed when he's upset with us. the best remedy seems to be a daily walk

3. Time. Even though the days go just as quickly as they do at home, they seem to have more time within them. Ok, I know that doesn't make sense. I think that because I have a limited amount of projects to work on - instead of the neverending list at home - I am finding it easier to relax and play.  Like I mentioned above, this involves a lot of playing outside, long walks (Kohly is grateful!) and trips to the park just down the block. Ronan has mastered the kiddie slides - he loves sliding!


4. I could name more, but it's time for this mama to get to bed. Cheers!

No comments: