Sunday, July 15, 2012

Impromptu 20 month photos

I was attempting to get a couple of 1 month photos of Aislinn and I had a little photobomber helper.  Since he was willing, I snapped a few photos. Let's call them his "20 month" photos. :)

At 20 months, Ronan's personality continues to shine. He is the funniest little guy and brings so much joy and laughter to our lives. At random times, he will go into storyteller mode, regaling us with all of the details of some grand story in his mind. I'm thinking they usually involve motorcycles, lawn mowers or doors slamming shut. But since he is speaking his own language, seemingly a combination of Japanese, German and baby, we will never know.  He also likes to give us play-by-play details of his latest injury or injustice caused to him by someone else (I think he is already tattling!).  We cannot wait to understand all of these stories, but we will also miss the crazy jibberish.  He has added a lot of actual words and phrases to his vocabulary over the last couple of months like "I hunry" (hungry), "done", "down", "peeze" or "deeze" (please), "daydoo" (thank you)...my mind is drawing blanks though I know there are many more. And he will copy pretty much anything we say (better be careful!). And how can I forget that he is finally saying "mama"!  Actually, he usually says "my mommy."  Any guesses when this started??? Yep, pretty much the day we brought home Aislinn. After waiting over a year for him to say it, these words are music to my ears. :)

Oh, he is so much fun.  He likes to snuggle and read books next to me while I am feeding Aislinn and he definitely wants lots of extra snuggles these days.  Which we don't mind of course! He loves to share his blanket and Bob (have you met Bob? I'll have to introduce him on the blog...he's a big part of our lives) with Aislinn, along with whatever toy he is playing with. It really is so sweet and I want him to share well with her so I'm careful to encourage it while reminding him that she's not quite old enough to play yet. He really can't wait for a playmate. And as you can see he still loves Monkey. And his thumb. :)




This photo cracks me up. See how Monkey's legs are crossed? He was trying to do the same with Little Monkey. He was trying to get all appendages crossed. I'd love to know what he was thinking...


He's much more interested in the camera these days. Which is nice in a lot of ways. But he thinks he needs to be right in front of the lens. :)




Ummm? Not sure what's going on here, except that his eyes are crossing and he looks crazy!


Daddy got home early this day! Ro ran to the window as soon as he heard the car door slam. So excited



We love this little guy. Such a blessing in our lives. 20 months. i can hardly believe it. 2 is just around the corner...

No comments: