Saturday, May 7, 2011

Projects

  

Like everyone else, I am so ready for some sunshine. But since that seems to be a far-fetched dream, I have enjoyed using the rainy/snowy/gray/yucky days of the past couple weeks to get a few projects done.  I'm nearly caught up, though new ideas are always popping into my head.  Once the sun comes, I'm going to drop everything and run! Outside. To our downtrodden yard that really needs a little TLC.

4 1/2 years after moving in, we finally have art on this wall!  All that time I was trying to find the "perfect thing" and finally threw this together from things we had around the house. Love it!
Of course, the interior designer in me couldn't handle the red pillow I previously had on the couch, so using old pillow forms, left over fabric and $.50 worth of satin, I made these 2 pillows.  I love the challenge of freshening up a space on a tight budget. It's kind of fun and completely rewarding.



The edges are not supposed to be fraying, but I like it :)

I think the rosettes are a little small for this pillow, but I'll get tired of yellow soon and then add a large something or other. Probably in green because that is my go to color.

Aren't they cute?

Hmm. This room's looking pretty good.  Just a couple things I'd like to change that I won't bother to point out :) PS. There is normally a gigantic jumperoo to the left of the fireplace, but a couple times a week I put it away, light a candle and enjoy my "adult" room.
I was getting tired of the old fabric on our dining room chairs and have been searching for awhile for something fresh and new.  Our table is an odd shade of green and I am really picky and cheap so I was shocked when I found this at Joann's in Clarkston last weekend. I love the scale and drama of the print, it is black and white (always a fav), the green matches perfectly and to top it all off, there are bursts of yellow! Now the two rooms are tied together. This is probably the most "designed" our house has ever looked :)




Baby shower projects waiting to be finished

Well, since I didn't finish this post last week, you now get to see the finished projects :) busy, busy, busy.  I love having the time to make custom thoughtful gifts, plus it's budget-friendly and satisfies my creative desires.  I should add a disclaimer that some of these projects are my adaptation of things I've seen on Etsy or from friends.  :)

set of burp rags

Extra large swaddle blanket (those store bought ones just aren't big enough!)



A travel bag (not quite finished)


 
A little elephant (of course)



No comments: