Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BIG (not so new) NEWS

I took some really cute photos right after Ronan's first birthday.  With news. BIG news. My model was not incredibly cooperative, but they are still cute and get our message across.  At the time, I was exhausted, not feeling well and pretty much best friends with the couch (thank you Lord for giving me a child who plays well on his own!).  And I figured that the ten or so people who actually read this blog already knew this "news" so I was completely unmotivated to edit photos and blog.  You may have noticed a serious decline in posts between October and December...

Anyway, I'm feeling much better these days and even though the whole world already knows, I thought I'd share these photos. :)




Surprise!!! Ronan is going to be a big brother! Ok, so it's not a surprise, but we are seriously excited about this new addition to our family!  When Ronan was about 6 months old (after a few months of light discussion), we decided we were ready to grow our family.  In hindsight, I'm glad it took a few months to get pregnant, 15 months seems a little crazy. 19 months is much better right? We're really excited that the two will be close in age and hopefully grow up being good friends.  The top photo above perhaps reflects how Ronan first felt about this ("seriously, you did what?"). I hope the second photo is how he really feels, he's doing a little happy dance :) 

Just two weeks ago, we found out more exciting news: we're having a GIRL!!!  I was pretty surprised (even though I had a feeling based on my body's signals), but so, so excited. More excited than I imagined I would be. I always envisioned having a houseful of boys and even though I am a girl, the thought of raising one is slightly terrifying. But, I figure, God knows what he is doing and apparently this little family needs a girl! Now that I know how cool it is to deliver and meet a baby and then watch this little person develop and grow, I can hardly wait to meet her. What will she be like? What will she love? What will her expressions be?  What will she look like? Luckily this pregnancy is flying by and it won't be long before we will know the beginnings of these answers.

I may or may not have bought those sweet little pink boots a month before finding out ;)
In case you needed any proof... :)


Now that we have some gender direction, my creative juices are flowing. There are so many fun things to make (and buy) for baby girls.  She already has some adorable outfits and a full bin of clothes.  A good friend couldn't pass up these sweet shoes (can you blame her?).  I bought a cute little dress without even realizing they match perfectly.  So cute! I'm in trouble...this is way too much fun :)



No comments: