Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has a way of sneaking up on us every year and this year I was not terribly motivated to celebrate. I think it's a fun holiday, any reason to celebrate love and eat sweets is ok with me. :)  I was not AT ALL prepared for my 1 year old to be giving valentine's to friends and go to a little party (though he had no clue that was happening).  We were invited by a friend to a little mom-and-tot Valentine party at Mobius kids's museum.  It was really a lot of fun and Ro, though overwhelmed, had a great time.


Monday I made these cookies and delivered them yesterday to Design Source.  I've been dying to try this recipe (they really are so good!) and it was the perfect excuse to visit my past coworkers. It's been way too long!


Ronan made valentine's for his grandparents and aunts and we got them in the mail in the nick of time. It was his first coloring experience. Look at that concentration. His patience was gone by the time we finished the last one and he was ready to move on to throwing the crayons and tearing the box - in true boy fashion. :)



We had a perfect Valentine's evening. Patrick was off a little early so we walked to Starbuck's and enjoyed our drinks while Ronan ate his PB&J dinner. We got home, started our dinner and then tucked him into bed so we could enjoy a quiet dinner for two.  This worked out brilliantly by the way and we will definitely do it again! It was so nice to relax, talk and dream without our sweet little mini-valentine interrupting us. :) We both agreed it was better than going out to eat.


aww, my valentines


I guess for not wanting to celebrate, we sure did a lot!

No comments: