Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday

 I'm glad this week is over. I can't say why really, but it was just blah. I felt blah, the weather was blah.  The cat was even being really weird.  Everyone around seems to be in that late winter slump. Yuck. The sun teased us a bit on Thursday and Friday so the 3 of us (me, Ronan and Kholy) headed out for a walk.  That was nice :)

two more weeks until we have another quarter under our belt. School has required the majority of Patrick's efforts and free time but on the weekends we always have a little extra time to play.  This morning over coffee and waffles we dreamed about going someplace warm for spring break. Cali, Florida, Vegas...ahh, I can almost feel the heat. We love dreaming; sometimes it's almost as good as the real thing. Ok maybe not. But it's still fun to dream. Instead of booking tickets somewhere tropical, we cleaned, studied and headed downtown for a couple of hours.  It was actually a really great day.


I wish Patrick was in this one. We need to break out the little tripod next time.

Say What? (This look made us flash forward about 12 years)

All smiles for daddy. Ronan finds Patrick very entertaining. Well, we all do don't we?  It's really sweet, except for when he's supposed to be eating. Ro might be the next Captain Distractable (my occasional nickname for P.)

Bathtime is grrrreat! Luckily Ronan has always loved his bath. This week he discovered how much fun it can be when he splashes his legs in the water. Bathtimes are so fun we have to make sure Patrick is around for them :)
At the risk of sounding a little pathetic, I'm going to tell you that the highlight of my week so far was going to Ross. By myself. With no time limit. And a gift card. It was SO relaxing and therapeutic. I walked down every aisle twice, tried on load of clothes and came home with this sweater and leggings. I feel like I have crawled out of the pits of postpartum fashion.


No comments: