Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Aislinn l 5 months

Our sweet Aislinn is 5 months old! This month she is full of smiles and squeals and bounces. Like big brother, she likes being in the bouncer (though her time is limited due to repeated bouncer-related blow-outs).  My favorite parts of the day is when she suddenly sees me or recognizes me and just absolutely lights up. She does this for her daddy too and I know he likes it just as much.  She just started noticing her tongue and how much fun it is to stick it out. So cute.  She is also grabbing at her feet and playing with them a lot. I think that is my all-time favorite baby pose! Aislinn is kind-of-sort-of-not-really sitting up at this point. She topples over and seems much happier on her back.

Aislinn has gotten back to sleeping through the night! Yay! She is slowly extending her sleeping time by about 30 minutes each day (last night was 11:00pm to 7:30am). With all of this changing plus daylight savings, I haven't quite figured out what her sleep pattern is. I think she'll settle on one soon though. She seems to like a solid morning nap, sometimes even right after her morning feeding. She takes a good early afternoon nap with Ronan and then late afternoon/early evening is sometimes up in the air. I can usually stretch her awake time a bit so that she goes to bed with Ronan around 7:30. I love when days go that well! Having two babies sleeping in one room is kind of like gambling...sometimes you have to fold...sometimes you hit the jackpot!

We are so blessed each day with Aislinn's sweet presence. I know I say that a lot, but it's just so true. I can't wait to see what the next few months bring as each one seems to bring so much sparkle and joy.















No comments: