Friday, November 2, 2012

Birthday Day

I've joked this week that it's a good thing Ronan probably won't remember this year's birthday...because I don't know if we can live up to it! With a celebration in Clarkston last Sunday, his actual birthday and a party on Saturday (plus opening a few presents in between) He has been one blessed little boy!

I'm all about making the actual birthday a special day. My parents were always so good about that and I think it's a fun tradition to pass down. With two other parties planned, I didn't want Ronan's special day to be too crazy, but still more memorable than a regular day. Plus, I realize now how special of a day it is for us as parents too and I want to pause and reflect back to the day we first became parents to Ronan. :)

We decorated just a bit. I hung streamers from the chandelier in his room and I could hear his excited squeals the moment he woke up and saw them. Love that. :)



I watched a friend's two little boys in the morning, which was great for Ronan because he and Jax are the same age. All that playing and sharing produced a great nap time! When Ronan woke up we went to Sweet Frostings where he got to pick out his very own cupcake. The bakery is so cute and every person I've met that works there is so nice. They went out of their way to make Ronan's experience special and even sang him "Happy Birthday!"  He thought the frosting was pretty amazing (and it is!) but moved on to bigger and better things once the frosting was gone. I've learned this week that Ronan loves frosting but could really care less about the cupcake. :)

"for me?"


"cheers mommy"

practicing cutting

exercising his independence


who's that cute boy?

When we got home, Ronan got to open his presents. We found him a really fun book which he actually wanted Patrick to read him before he opened his big present.  Then he tore into (okay, more like carefully peeled back each layer of wrapping paper) his big present.  Knowing Ronan's love for trains, we knew we would get him something related to trains. A couple months ago, I found this awesome tutorial and then found a train set half off. We knew it would be the perfect present for our train-loving guy (and we had all of the materials on hand!). He pretty much loves it. :)








No comments: