Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

With Ronan's birthday being on the 30th, this time of year will forever be busy for us. Good busy though. :)  We carved pumpkins for the first time on Monday, celebrated Ronan's birthday Tuesday, and got decked out for or church's Candy Carnival on Halloween.  (thanks Bobby for these first two photos!)


Aislinn's hands!

pumpkin group shot
 I'm guessing this will be the last year I have any say in Ronan's costume, which is totally fine and even exciting for me, so I thought it would be fun to do a family theme again. I think I got the idea while I was down in Disneyland with Aislinn. I thought she would be the perfect Tinkerbell (she was!) and that Ronan would be the perfect Peter Pan (he was!).  I found a female Captain Hook costume for me and a pirate for Patrick. For some reason I went to Goodwill at the end of September and it happened to be the day they put out all of the Halloween costumes. I totally lucked out, finding everything I needed for just a few bucks per person. And most of it was brand new! I diy'd a lot of Ro's costume, including the tights, hat and a dagger, from this tutorial. I was concerned he may not like wearing the tights, but he requested to wear them to bed as pajamas, so I guess he liked them. :)




I love the Peter Pan pose
We volunteered at the Plinko booth at the Candy Carnival. I love Plinko. :)  It's funny though, only the parents knew how to play, the kids had no idea. Made me feel a little old! Taking care of the booth and both kiddos was a little crazy. But fun! Luckily the Ronan was mesmerized by the Plinko board and the hoop shooting game was next door, so he never wanted to venture too far away. He may or may not have also  been bribed with suckers to stay near by. ;)  And he may or may not have had a massive sugar high/crash by the end of the night.  Aislinn was a doll as usual, hanging out in her carseat or our arms.



















No comments: