Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3

A day full of sunshine! It definitely felt like summer here and I decided to spend as much of it outside as possible. We started off early by watering the church garden - I need to get pictures of that next week. It's a really fun project to be a part of. I love gardening and I think watering is so peaceful. Plus, the food is used for our church's community dinners and we're planning to sell the extra to raise money to send to our sister church in Thailand. It's a win-win-win :)

This next series of photos cracks me up, so there are a lot. We've tried giving Ronan these rice husk cracker type things before, but he didn't really know what to do with them. He seems to put everything in his mouth EXCEPT for food. I really don't get that. But today we took another stab at it. He was totally into it! I love how nothing seems to change except he's a couple weeks older and he has obviously learned so much since then. It's really cool to watch.




I love how he's not really even holding the cracker. These things pretty much dissolve when they contact water so it just stuck to his mushy little hands.




Hmm, last piece. He got pretty upset when it was all gone


This afternoon included our first kiddie pool experience. Pretty much just like a bath, but outside ;) He loved it. I think it will be a great way to stay cool this summer and I'm so glad he loves the water!




That hair is wicked!

He moves so fast I cut off most of his body parts. I love the splashes though




Abandoning the pool for greener pastures
I wish had a picture to share the most impressive part of my day. To Patrick at least. I mowed the lawn. Bleh. I'm glad I've shown appropriate enthusiasm and compliments to Patrick when he does it because he deserves it. Just as much as he deserves the beer that follows. Which I indulged in as well. Though it had to wait for a screaming baby, watering the lawn, taking a shower... I wish I had another pair of hands.  It's a good thing it doesn't get dark until almost 10 so I can get everything done. Except then it's 10:00 and time for bed. Or not. I have a really good book right now :)

I just have to say too, that even though I was first frustrated by Ronan refusing to go to bed tonight (I was really looking forward to that beer, my book and some alone time), it led to some of our sweetest moments of the day. We hung out on a blanket watching the most amazing sunset from our backyard. He was super sweet and lovey and then went to bed an hour later with no problems.


Our roses are blooming! And our lupines have aphids, but I didn't take a picture of that. It is disgusting


No comments: