Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yep, I'm behind. It's been 2 weeks since our last post.  oops.   I'm not sure what really happened the week after Memorial Day, except that we were catching up from being gone, starting to catch some kind of a cold and gearing up for my birthday and then finals week :) 

The first weekend in June is so much fun around here. Farm Chicks, ElkFest and ArtFest (ie awesome shopping, beer and bands, and art vendors in the park). Since it's always close to my birthday, I like to pretend all of these events are just for me. ha, just kidding. I do love having so many reasons to hang out and have fun. The weather was beautiful too, I just wish Ronan and I had been feeling better.  I had a great birthday. Ronan and I met up with friends and also my mom and her friends at Farm Chicks. This is one of my favorite events of the year and Ronan's birthday gift to me was being an absolute doll the whole day.  He seriously hung out in his stroller for about 6 hours with no fussing (don't worry, we did get him out once in a while!). On Sunday, Patrick made my all-time favorite breakfast and then my family helped me celebrate with a picnic in our backyard and ice cream sundaes.  My mom even stayed behind to watch Ronan so Patrick and I could go on a date :)  The day would have been complete with some Nyquil and an early bedtime, but instead I had 2 cups of coffee and stayed up late to help Patrick study. It was a good trade off for him spending so much time with me on my birthday even though it was the day before finals :)

As usual, finals week was intense at the time and a blur upon reflection. But you know what, it was his last one!!! Patrick has successfully completed his first year of PA school!!! I am so proud of him for not just perservering, but succeeding, and all the while keeping us a priority. he's so stinking smart and so good at balancing life. This certainly was a hard and interesting year, but I kind of enjoyed it. Easy for me to say, right? I wasn't the one in school!

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of photos from the past couple of weeks, but I do have a couple more posts coming with lots of photos :)

Awesome birthday breakfast!


Studying....


Study Break. We are all excited Ronan is holding something in each hand. He usually drops one thing to pick up another

Here are a couple of pictures from Memorial weekend off of Patrick's phone

First time in a swing

First time down the slide


Parks aren't just for kids! We had so much fun on all the cool toys!

No comments: