Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For Sale

About a year and a half ago, my friend and I had a dream. We love to shop, we love vintage treasures, we love good deals, we LOVE The Farm Chicks show (and the like) and we love to spend time together. So we did the natural American thing and decided to combine all of this and try to make some money doing it.  We shopped, dreamed of what our finds could become and planned on becoming a vendor in one of the local antique/junk/farm shows. But life happened-specifically, pregnancy followed by loveable, yet time-consuming, dependent babies. Our commitment to this particular idea slipped on the priority ladder, but eventually we realized (with the aid of our husbands who wanted their garages back) we just needed to get rid of this stuff.  I refinished a few pieces (pics to come soon) and last weeked we had a Vintage Sale + Yard Sale. It was a fun day spent with friends and meeting some great neighbors. Yard sales are cool for that reason alone! Oh, and we sold a few things and made a little money :)

Lots of great deals ;)
Tea time using the merchandise :)

Our pint-sized diversions


I originally titled this blog post "Dream for Sale." A little depressing don't you think? Yes, I'm a little sad, but also relieved and very happy.  I hate to "give up" on a fun dream; however, I'm so glad for the reason it didn't work out this time. And the yard sale helped me realize how much work it would take to make it happen!  I also realized that it really is fun to refinish furniture and give it a new life.  So, I'll probably do a little of that once-in-a-while-as-I-feel-like-it-with-no-pressure. In the meantime, Marissa and I continue shopping together and relish being patrons instead of vendors :)

And I'll spend lots of time with these handsome fellas

Any day with these two is a good day.




1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I loved this! Way to go Nikki!