Friday, September 2, 2011

Silverwood!


Have you been to Silverwood this summer? If not, you better go! You have a few weekends left and you will have so MUCH fun! A group of us headed up there yesterday with Ronan in tow (and a lot of stuff - I'm not sure if it's possible to over pack with a baby. ok, maybe it is).  The weather was a little cooler, but that didn't stop us from staying the whole day. We even braved Boulder Beach for a few rides (new raft ride is totally worth it!).  Cooler weather meant shorter lines :)

Ronan was amazing!  We all rotated watching him while the others went on the ride (thanks everyone!). He took a short little power nap at lunchtime-perfect- and was an amusement park pro the rest of the day.  He loved all of the craziness and people watching - except for the Aftershock roller coaster.  I think he could hear the screams and thought something was wrong.  He seriously did not cry once until the last ride we stopped at and I think it was only because he could see me the whole time. 

I'm pretty sure we were the oldest group of kids running around the place. My husband may not have believed me when I said I love roller coasters, but now he does. :) He thinks I'm a little crazy.  What's crazy is how much pounding your body takes. My bones and muscles are definitely 10 years older than the last time I went. Boo.  It made me feel old, but didnt stop us from having a late night night movie outside when we got home.  Super fun, but exhausting! Somebody forgot to tell my 10 month old that we were sleeping in. Oh well, you only live once right?  And that's what coffee is for ;)

Chilling, waiting for our first ride of the day


Watching the roller coaster. Luckily this one didn't scare him even though it went right over our heads



The gang making it back safe

Auntie Kelley taking a turn

Ready to get wet?!




Poor Bekah got cornered into the water guns. She got soaked!




Met a new friend at Boulder Beach
 We ended the day with a few more runs on the Panic Plunge. It's an addictive ride, plus the easiest one to catch pics of :)  Our last trip up gave us a birdseye view of a gorgeous sunset.  Perfect way to end!



1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Fun pics! Sorry we missed it. Glad you all had a great time:)