Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunshine!

Today was glorious! It must have been 50 degrees at least.  I really can't remember what the weather was like last week; it seems all we thought about around here was Patrick's midterms. Can I just say "INTENSE"?!?  Maybe it's just me (I don't think so) but this week seemed the hardest yet since Patrick started PA school.  Of course I wasn't the one studying or taking the tests, but I really started to miss him. I spent a few late late nights helping him study just so we could be together.  He says it helps, and I hope it does, but no one should be asked to pronounce words like "Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole" or "Cholelithiasis" at midnight.

Anyway, today's sunshine was beautiful icing on the cake of this whole weekend.  We spent Friday evening with friends and fantastic food. The guys watched movies, the girls worked on art projects and the babies slept :) Saturday morning we slept in, had coffee and made breakfast together and that evening we watched a couple of movies. Today was a beautiful day and a great chance to spend the morning with church friends and hear from our pastor who just returned from Thailand.  We loved hearing his perspective after his 3 week trip and it really confirmed many things we have been thinking and God has been showing us lately. I'll try to post on that soon...it's hard to find the words.  P still spent tons of time on schoolwork, but it was great to have a few hours with him each day :) 

Below are a couple of pictures from our walk this afternoon, sans Patrick.  PS. There was a seriously UNglorious side to this day. We woke up with no dirty laundry, but have wrapped up the day with 3, maybe 4 loads (which are now clean).  Everything Ronan came into contact with today ended up being spit up on - sheets, pillows, the Boppy, our coats, clothes, car seat straps, etc. Sheesh kid. 

Perhaps I should not wear my hubby's clothes in public.


Sweet cheeks and double chin


haha. I love this terrified look and those huge kissable cheeks.  I'm sure it's because of the large black box in his face and not those mismatched socks, er...mittens;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH NO....here comes that camera again...his little mind just must whirrrrrrrrrrrlllllll at times...too cute...
P.S. loved your new ideas for gifts especially the oneses...why did you not use the iron on fusable web? you are so talented Nikkdoodle LYG