Monday, February 7, 2011

Creating

I love that I now have the opportunity to create.  Not that I didn't before, but after spending each work day creating as my full time job, I just didn't have the motivation once I got home.  My goal is one project per week, at least for now. With birthdays, 4 baby showers, and a long overdue wedding present, I have plenty of inspiration to keep me going for awhile.  Maybe someday I'll get to those projects around my house...

The first two pictures are of a wedding present I made for dear friends. I've had this idea in mind for months, even before the wedding which was 4 months ago. Oops.  Well, better late than never right?  I used fabric for the birds and scrapbooking paper for the leaves and sun in the wedding colors.  The couple used birds as a decorative theme for the wedding.  It was a beautiful event and hopefully this will be a sweet reminder for them of that special day.




 It's baby mania around this place!  I am thankful to have friends we can experience our lives with. Friends who have had kids before us and can provide reason, guidance and encouragement; friends who are having kids now to share these times with- Ronan's future buddies :) And friends who don't have kids, but who love us and support us no matter how mushy we get.  I have decided to make some gifts for these new babies because it is fun and affordable.  I haven't taken pictures of everything but below are a couple of cute projects I made for a little guy who just made his grand entrance into our crazy world.

This is a simplified version of an idea I fell in love with on Etsy. I intended to make one for Ronan before he was born but never got to it. Maybe next month.


This was my first attempt at making these onesies. They are a fun and pretty easy way give a unique gift.  I hope they hold up! Next time I'm going to use that freezer paper backing stuff. I assume it will help since every tutorial I have found on appliques recommends it.

I think this little guy is my favorite


2 comments:

Jaclyn Reed said...

So cute Nikk! I WISH I was as creative as you...not happening :) All I have is dodgeball...and dodgeball right now. Love you!

Diana said...

Super cute Nik. I'm jealous of the time that you have to enjoy that beautiful boy and create beautiful things.