Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012 l Ronan

I remember two years ago today pretty clearly. My huge belly and I had spent the morning cleaning and preparing for the family who would come once Ronan came. I remember talking to my mom while working downstairs and just being so exhausted. It was a different kind of exhausted. It was the same kind of exhaustion I felt the morning before I went to the hospital with Aislinn.  I took a nap and prepared our bags before our last OB appointment because I just had a feeling. They kept me at the hospital that night and let me "rest" (is there ever really rest in a hospital?) before getting things going the next day (though luckily he came on his own and in his own timing). Even though Ronan's birthday is the 30th, I can't help but pause and think about the events on the 29th. The excitement, nerves, fear of child birth, complete lack of knowledge for how to take care of the baby we would be bringing home in a couple of days and yet a peace because things were happening and Ronan was on his way.

This is what I was up to two years ago:



I can't believe two years have passed! They have had their own kind of ups and downs, but every day with Ronan is such a joy. I love seeing every day objects and events through his young eyes and imagination and I love passing on our little family quirks and family traditions. Tonight we carved pumpkins while eating a perfectly fall dinner of gumbo and cornbread. Yum. This was Ronan's first time helping with the pumpkins (we didn't do it last year). Ronan help get all of the guts out of his pumpkin. I thought he would have more fun with the textures and sliminess, but he took his job seriously, pausing occasionally to show daddy the goop. Once he got most of the stuff out, he moved on to another activity. 










No comments: