Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ais Update 6/1

Overall we had a good day today. Aislinn's numbers have been looking pretty good. Her blood sugars are running low, which they can easily correct, but we'd like to know why. It could be as simple as the fact that they started her on breast milk and it messed with her numbers. She had a relatively quiet and restful night and day, so everybody seemed pretty pleased. It was so nice to have an easier day.

We spent more time at home and with Ro today. The highlight was definitely grabbing a coffee and heading to the park. I definitely needed that sunshine and family time!

I'm so tired tonight so let's see if I can remember these...

Praises
-Our biggest praise for today is that Aislinn's kidney ultrasound came back clean! No infection, abscess or otherwise found there!
-We are insanely thankful that her infection has not spread to the blood, kidneys or spinal fluid. Looks like we'll be in the clear to go ahead with surgery Monday
-still no fever!
-We started Ais on benadryl for sedation and it is working wonderfully! Considering that she shrugged off large amounts of other drugs at times, we are glad this is working so well. The nurses are glad too :)
-Aislinn gets a bit of breast milk every hour (through a feeding tube). She's digesting well and has good outputs ;)
-Aislinn's blood sugars and cortisol levels have been manageable
-great family time with Ro and good visits with Ais

Prayers
-we are hoping for a very smooth and uncomplicated day tomorrow. Pray nothing causes the surgery to be delayed
-we'd like to figure out what is affecting her blood sugars
-Pray in advance for her surgery and a fast, complete recovery
-I am having to pump every two hours to produce milk (and every 4 at night). All of you mamas know what a pain this is! Because Aislinn was so close to eating exclusively solid food, this process of convincing my body that its work is not done has been challenging and exhausting. Pray that I can have greater success in this area
-Rest and peace




so happy to be included in the fun

driving me to the grocery store


saving me from daddy monster
this picture breaks my heart because I captured the underlying sadness he is feeling right now. he misses his Aisi
 I got to take some photos of Aislinn since she had a good day.I know they are quite disturbing, but I do want to share where she is at now so that we can all celebrate her upcoming milestones.


view from our room (if you can squeeze past all of the equipment and reach the window)







remembering the child, not the numbers
We look forward to seeing this face again!








3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Nikki & Patrick. It breaks my heart that your little dear is going through all this. I love seeing your praises and your hope in good. That picture of Ronan is heart wrenching and also so endearing as he clearly loves his little sister. I saw that same look as well as a different posture and movement in Ro when I dropped by the house. He clearly is going through this too. Praying for tomorrows blessings and wonderful days ahead with all The Reed 4 together enjoying warm and happy summer days.

Jody said...

Nikki and Patrick - Your family has been on my heart and in our prayers all week. Know that even when you aren't feeling strong, you have so many lifting you up to our Father for His strength. We will continue to pray that plans for the surgery tomorrow go perfectly. In Him, The Gimlin Family

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all from the bottom of my heart. Love to you all!~Nicki Odom