Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ais Update 6/12

Our first day home was wonderful. Pretty much just a normal day at home, plus a feeding tube, some prescription meds and even a nap for mom and dad. :) It was exhausting in your average "we have 2 young kids who require a lot of attention and we barely slept at all last night" kind of way. Normal and average. Two great words to have in our vocabulary these days. Without an extra pair of hands around and the blessing of dinner being brought to us, I'm not sure I could use the same words! I'm so glad for the chance to do nothing but be with our children.

Aislinn is doing SO well. I am in awe of her amazing little body and brain. God has created little ones to be so strong and resilient. All day I kept thinking about how amazing His creation is. I am so thankful she is progressing so well. She is recovering as quickly as she deteriorated.  I know we have a journey ahead with her and I know parts of her brain could be affected that we may not know for years to come, but I believe deep down that she is going to be just fine. More than fine. She is going to be smart and strong and sassy and sweet. I hope and pray that God uses this part of her story to impact the lives of others. She is a blessing to us and we are so thankful we get to be her parents.

playin doctor with Ro








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, she looks so happy! Actually, you all do. So glad :)
erin

www.treasuresovertherainbow.blogspot.com said...

Your happiness is even more happy. I just see a whole new smile on you Nikki:) you look aware of your blessing and full of Gods peace. It's lovely:)