Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Around Here

Today was our first day totally at home, totally back into routine. After the craziness of yesterday, we had a super low key day. I may or may not have hung out in work out clothes all day. I may or may not have dressed only one child. :) We played a lot, the kids took long naps and I (kind of) worked on getting our house back in order. Ais has been so happy and Ro is back to being Ro: sweet, snuggly, well-mannered, playful. Still 2 1/2 and still impatient and tempermental, but much, much sweeter. :) He most certainly thrives on routine.

We need Aislinn to consume more calories orally so we can get her off the feeding tube. It's been a slow process. Today I gave her a cup and straw (instead of a sippy cup) for the first time and she loved it! She drank all of her milk. Hooray!


Such a big girl
She got her stitches out yesterday, so I'm all about getting her back into headbands. :) As long as they're loose, comfortable, don't hurt her, etc. I tied this yellow ribbon because it matched the bow on her skirt. Cute!


then Ro snatched it because it's like a big giant tag. He hasn't let go of it all day. And at least it's not pink like the last one he found. :)


Is it just me or did Aislinn change overnight? She went to bed a baby and woke up a 1-year old. More defined features, brighter eyes, a double chin (barely. you can see it in the last photo). Or maybe it's that she is now completely off methadone and valium and that we haven't seen her in some sort of sick or drugged form for 3 1/2 weeks. Or maybe I'm just crazy. But this happens to me every once in awhile, with Ro and Ais. They have an overnight growth spurt and look totally different in the morning. Does this happen to anyone else???

playing peek-a-boo, her favorite game
"yay!"
"hooray!"


she resembles one of my baby photos here

she LOVES reading and turning pages lately

Ro has been really into reading to us lately. I love this progression!


No comments: