Monday, June 3, 2013

Quick Update 6/3

Patrick went down to the hospital early this morning and talked with Aislinn's neurosurgeon. Here's his update:

"Ok we will progress slowly: Talked to neurosurgery this am- the pre-op CT scan this morning showed more air in the cyst space than last CT a couple of days ago. It's enough to make an internal shunt fail. Theory is that is as shes gotten upset the open drain has allowed air into the space as its draining fluid out. So rather than implant a shunt today, they will replace some air with some saline (not possible to get all) and change out the open drain tube for an external shunt in the OR at 4pm. Then they will withdraw meds and extubate at some time the next 24hrs. We will be able to hold her.... :) They will then WAIT for the cyst to be looking right and proceed with internal shunt placement. Our prayers have been answered in that she has cleared her infection and we are moving forward."

And so our hospital stay is extended. This is ok, another bump along the road. 

This Psalm has been on my mind all weekend...

Psalm 138

I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
    before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
    and will praise your name
    for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
    that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
    you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,
    when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord,
    for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
    though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
    you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes;
    with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me;
    your love, Lord, endures forever
    do not abandon the works of your hands

No comments: