Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ais Update 6/2

Overall a good day today. Aislinn's numbers are looking good and we're still on for the surgery tomorrow at 4pm. I am so thankful I don't have much to share due to a fairly low key weekend and a little bit more consistency from baby girl!

We had to run a couple of errands today and it was surprisingly good for me. Lately my interactions with the "real world" are laced with anger. Just that we are going through this while everyone else gets to go about their seemingly happy lives with their cute healthy little kids. I know this isn't truth. I know this isn't healthy. I know that life is hard for all people, just in different ways. I can also appreciate the perspective this journey has reinforced; that you never know what someone has going on in their life and we all just need a lot of grace and love. All this to say that today I felt a little better. But not until my little girl is with me will I ever feel completely at ease being out in the "real world."

I had the thought while in her room tonight that a year ago we were anxiously awaiting her arrival and looking forward to holding her in our arms for the first time. Never could I have imagined having the same exact thoughts one year later. I cannot wait to hold her again. It may be the best birthday present ever two years in a row. :)

Praises for Today:
-Great numbers for Aislinn. The surgery is still on schedule
-Aislinn's blood sugars are looking really good. Her blood sugars were low most likely because her cortisol levels are low. We're still not sure why her cortisol is low, but both are under control now
-Today, and for the past week, we have experienced the best support system. Our family has been here helping with Ronan, our pets, cleaning, cooking, laundry, errands...everything. Our family and friends have reached out in so many ways to help. We have a huge amount of people praying for us and Aislinn, more than I even know of. It is so cool to know so many people are praying. I think I now truly understand the meaning of support. These people are lifting us up and helping us stand when we don't have the strength

Prayers:
-Pray that everything up to the surgery is smooth and that she will get to go through with it
-Pray for an uncomplicated surgery and post-op, with a full and fast recovery, no infection, no rejection, no other complications please!
-continue to Pray for greater success in pumping...today was a little better
-Ronan really needs prayers. He's been doing so well for the past week, but this is all starting to wear on him. He really misses mommy and daddy and Aisi. I'm not even sure what to pray for specifically, but just lift him up
-Good sleep, deep and restful

Thank you!


No comments: